Wednesday, June 21, 2017

cranky be gone!


I grew up in the home of a sleeper. My mother slept. A lot. Part of it was depression, part of it was the lupus. I grew up in the home of a sleeper on the third floor of an apartment building so I learned to be quiet early on in my life which meant when someone was sleeping...you did not try to wake them up.

Not waking someone up means not starting your laundry at 7:30 in the morning on the third day of the sleeping person's vacation. Sigh. I'm cranky. Also cranky-inducing? The neighbor who uses his garage for an office, the garage that is only a few feet from the bedroom window. The garage he rattles open right after a major loogie hocking fest...aaargh...

The nice muscle relaxing meds have finally left my system and now my neck is crankier than I am. So now I'm cranky and whiny which is a great combo for the second day of summer. See? CRANKY!

So, to combat the crankiness, I took my cranky self outside to read in the garden. I didn't read for long as I was distracted by the bees, the birdies, and the breeze. After a deep breath or too, I shuffled my no-longer-cranky self into the homestead for a cup of cold coffee...happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment