Wednesday, June 28, 2017

early

Mister and I had fasting blood work to take care of (hello middle age!) so I was up at 6am to make it to the front of the line for the 6:30am opening at the lab, the lab where my favorite phlebotomist has the same name as me...first AND last!

We were 4th in line and it was cold, cold, cold this morning! I should have brought a thicker sweater...

After the blood draw (sadly, my namesake was not there), I dropped the mister off at work and headed down to the town where my allergist is. I would be two hours early but I thought a wander through walmart and breakfast panera (thank you giftcards) would take up most of that time.  On the way out of slo I watched crows dive bomb a hawk, a tuxedo cat stalk something in a flowerbed, & a man engaged in fisticuffs with a parking meter.

I had the most lackluster experience at Panera and then I wandered around walmart in search of wicking socks, lipstick, and toothpaste. It wasn't until I was in the toothpaste aisle (my last stop) that I realized I had tucked my drapey cardigan INTO my pants.

INTO my pants.

At least I wasn't trailing a length of toilet paper from my shoe...but I did also step in gum.

Red gum.

Like a wad of it.

Also did not notice till it had thoroughly glued itself to the bottom of my sad sloppy ballet flat...

All of this before 8:30 in the morning...




No comments:

Post a Comment