Saturday, June 24, 2017

i got nothin'

nothin' to share...I'm trying to commit to writing ten days straight and truly my creative juices are stuck to a pan somewhere in the back of a cabinet.

when I was in second grade, we were given our very own journals made of that public school newsprinty paper with the pale red and blue dashed lines across its length carefully stapled inside two pieces of colored construction paper. we were assigned to make daily entries and mine consistently went something like this:

"Dear diary,
Today I woke up, watched cartoons and ate cereal for breakfast."

every single day. forty something years later, things haven't changed much...

"Dear diary,
Today I woke up, drank some water, ate some cereal, and watched Gilmore Girls."

and there you have it. my life in a nutshell. 




No comments:

Post a Comment